I’m Sam Lumley. I’m living in Montreal and am approaching the end of my Master’s degree.
My degrees are all Geography, but a lot of my work has been designing and developing websites.
In my research at McGill I looked at websites data visualisation supporting climate change. I analysed 40 web tools and interviewed 20 experts from places like New York Times and NASA.
Things I’ve been up to:
- Developed a transcription app
- Became a Project Manager for a multi-year Environment Canada research grant
- Designed and ran workshops on git
- Runner-up for best paper at SKI Canada, Banff ⛷
- Became a BLUE Scholar
- Presented a poster at AAG, New Orleans
- Became a Ski Instructor at Rod Roy
- Started as a Digital Journalist at Geothink.ca
- Sailed across the seas to Montreal, Canada 🍁